Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Country Angel Pin

I call these country angels. They are quick and easy to make.

It only takes a 3 1/2 inch circle of cotton cloth, strands of cotton yarn, a short piece of ribbon, wire for the halo, a pin for the back and a good glue such as E-6000.

First I formed my wire into a small circle about an inch in diameter. I folded the 3 1/2 inch circle of cloth in half to form the wings. I then added a little dot of glue in the middle of the half circle to hold the 2 sides together. For the head and body, I cut as many strands of cotton yarn that is needed to make it look nice. It really depends on what thickess of yarn I am using and how full I want it to look. I cut about 18 strands to about 6 inches long for this one. After they were cut and gathered together nicely so the ends are about even, I carefully thread one end of the strands of yarn through a wire circle, and fold the yarn over the part of the wire where the wire is fastened together, checking to make sure it is folded in the middle and both ends of the yarn are brought together so that all the ends are about the same length. If some are a little off, they can be trimmed or left as they are. Next, I carefully tied the ribbon around the neck to form the head and body. The body was glued to the cloth circle that was folded in half and a pin glued to the back. Let the glue dry thoroughly.
Easy!
Pin Front photos ©2008jpCraftyThisandThat


Pin Back


This photo shows the pin size. Each square on the green mat is a 1 inch square so the pin is about 3 1/2 inches wide x about 3 inches high.

7 comments:

Sue said...

This is so cute!
Looks easy to make . Thanks for sharing the pictures and tutorial.
Hugs,
Sue

Unknown said...

I agree with Sue. This is darling! Thank you for sharing how to make. This would be a great project to make with some of the granddaughters!


hugs,
Marcia

Sassy Sue's Place said...

So cute. I'd forgotten about them. You give the best instruction I've ever seen. Keep sharing. Love your crafts.

Belinha Fernandes said...

hello from Portugal!Nice blog!I think I will try to do an altered tin.It is a very good idea!!I have always lots of things to put inside a box!Thanks!

eunice said...

It's so nice of you to share with us how to make lovely handicrafts. These can be very costly if we were to buy them in Singapore, cos they can be some imported craftworks. Cool, I can just make them myself!! :D

Catherine Holman said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Cute angel pins!
Catherine

Ginger said...

Absolutely precious,Great tutorial.
I just love seeing your goodies you share with us. Have a wonderful day my friend!
hugs ginger