Monday, June 15, 2009

Alter A Vinyl Record

This is about the easiest way to alter a vinyl record that I can think of.
I think they would be good to decorate a young person's room.

For these 33 LP records, I used music graphics by Tracey aka Sox at Soxational Scraps.

To make these I simply measured the record label and they are exactly four inches across. I opened a circle shape in my graphics program, changed the size to 4 inches and added these
cute music notes in black. I printed them on white cardstock and laminated them. I used spray adhesive but I think most any paper glue would work.


I used my handy little Crop-A-Dile Eyelet & Snap Punch to make a hole near the top edge so they can be hung. I also inserted an Eyelet to re-inforce the hole. This was a very quick and easy project!





10 comments:

Amber said...

Really neaT!! Those would look nice in a game room with a jukebox!! TFS!

Crafty Sue said...

I like this idea!
TFS.
Sue.

Tracey said...

Oh wow hun you did a great job with my music notes i posted this on my blog with a link back hope that is ok

Doreen Erhardt said...

What a wonderful site and great idea! I'd love to share your blog on mine, let me know.

Kathleen Frysinger said...

How neat is that! My mom has many records tucked away and I do need to start going thru her things (she will be celebrating her 80th birthday this Sept.)
My office in our house is set up with the Golf theme. I'm using two old wooden head golf clubs, that my husband shined up really well as curtain rods. Of course we have the usual ball racks, pictures etc. I'm looking for unique ideas, if you have any and would like to share. Love your blog and congratulations. I'll be following you and hope you will do the same. Take care for now.

Dean C said...

I have a collection of vinyl records myself. I have some of Blondie, Heart, Steely Dan, ect.

umama said...

Very cute idea! And I just picked up a cropadile.. Love that thing!

Jamie Keycel said...

I Love It! Love it! Love it! love it!

Donna Lee said...

My friend I love these put some Elvis on them and I would be delirious

Donna Lee said...

Very Nice but you know I love buttons